Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thursday

I feel like I just became a legit Coach. I have to give a big hand to Shaun Quay for the progress he has made in 2 WEEKS! This guy for those of you who don't know, is, well was, one of the most immobile people I know who wants to do Oly. For 6 months that I have known him, he has been battling flexibility and a reoccurring knee injury. For 2 weeks and he will be doing this for a while longer, I have had him doing crazy mobility stuff in his warm ups and yesterday for the first time I saw him do a pretty decent front squat! That may not be huge to you but I gotta say I felt like a parent watch his kid take his first steps. Was pretty awesome I wish I got pictures by my phone was dying. Either way keep up the good work Shaun. Baby steps towards big goals!

In other news, just going to work some jerks today and some light pulls off the blocks. I love these blocks. I put them through a good test yesterday dropping 300lbs on them and they held up. Lets see how long they last, hopefully one day drop 400 on them, optimistic. 

Got to run around today training and figuring things out so it looks to be a busy day, coffee will keep me running. Lift responsibly my friends and always stay thirsty!

No comments:

Post a Comment