Friday, October 10, 2014

Friday Plan

I'm resting today,  but that doesn't mean you have to!

If you want to lift today here is my plan for you:

First warm up your shoulders properly with some PVC Dislocates. Throw in some presses also just to make sure your shoulders are prepared for overhead movements.

Then hit some Jerk footwork drills. There are three parts to the footwork drills that I use. I will try to post a video later for you guys.

After you do 3 rounds of that, the next drill you can do is:

Tall Jerks.

Start with the PVC then move to the bar. If you aren't familiar with these I will provide a video later on in the day for this also.

Then keep warming up with the bar and do a set of:

3 Strict Press
3 Push Press
3 Power Jerks
3 Split Jerks

Video later.

Take your time with these warm ups and make sure your footwork is decent. If you aren't getting some things, spend some extra time with the warm ups and really get the movement down.

Have fun with the Jerks today.  I will try and post some video instruction today! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment