Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thursday

When talking to people about my gym and showing them videos of myself or the people I train with, the most common response I get is, "I can't do that."

Every time I hear that I laugh because of course you can't do that... yet! I wouldn't even try to teach you the Olympic lifts at all until you were ready and we got your training to an acceptable place for you to begin to learn these lifts.  I believe that most people who want to learn to lift need a Body building foundation.  Before you can safely do any Olympic Movements you need to get your body in the proper positions.  If you are unable to properly front squat or overhead squat well then you need to spend time working your body into these positions.

If you find it difficult to do a proper air squat without your body collapsing on itself, then it is safe to say you need to spend some time with mobility exercises and some basic strength exercises.  You need to get some experience with the barbell and it could take some time to develop that relationship.  Be patient and understand that you have been "training" without a barbell and doing things with your body for x amount of years and it will take time to bring it all together.  If this is new, embrace the experience and have fun in the fact that you are learning a new skill.

Learn a new skill and hang with the cool kids at Marble Weightlifting.  Everybody is doing it! I can show you the way!

"Bitch I'm fo sho wit it don't make me pop that trunk to the 'Lac
Bitch I will go get it and I ain't selfish I will let you and your hoe feel it"


-President Chester A. Arthur
1883 Congressional Address.

This was in response to Rutherford B Hayes' accusations that Chester A Arthur was bluffing about his tariff rates and his position on the Pendleton Act. I believe we all know what happened after this.




No comments:

Post a Comment