Thursday, October 2, 2014

Thursday Thunderdome

Hope everyone is having a good week this week.  I am having an OK week. I need to sit down and really focus on my own programming, the problem I run into programming for myself is that I tend to write something down as a plan and certain days I will be side tracked and decide I want to do something else.  Does anyone else have this problem? I can write for other people easily as I will be there to make sure they do it and do it properly, but when it comes to doing things for myself I tend to go off on tangents or over push myself most days because I just feel I should, which I most of the time shouldn't.  I find it very difficult to train by myself with my own programming, I tend to train by feel most days and do what I think I need to work on.  I think it's important to take the time to develop a plan and stick with it even when you aren't feeling your best.  Use those days to train technique and master a skill as opposed to pushing yourself beyond your limits. I get side tracked easily because there is no one to give me structure.  It has been something I have been working on for a short while now and it still needs improvement.  I am competing in 3 weeks, but I am using this meet as a training meet and not going to put too much pressure on myself.  I want to hit my lifts and be more confident on the public platform.  I will try to structure myself and be more disciplined with my training because that is definitely where I fall short.  Sometimes stepping back and drilling is more important than hitting numbers just so you can post it on the web.  The best guys do not need that sort of satisfaction from showing off their practice skills, they get it from winning competitions.  

Big Players make Big Plays on Big Days.

Do you want to be a Big Player on a Big Day or a Chump who can't repeat that work in the Big Game?

No Fear, Train Hard, Train Smart.

`

No comments:

Post a Comment