Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Tuesday

This past week really took it out of me.  I stressed out super hard with my training that I almost didn't compete.  I am glad I settled down and lifted this weekend, because honestly it was the best I have ever lifted, even though I missed both of my third attempts.  I think the black magic I got from Beth Terranova really worked because the lifts I did make felt and looked solid, aside from the Jerk on 135, that was a little weird but I held it together.  My snatches felt great, if I didn't push the bar away from me on 112 (my third attempt) I would have nailed it.  I let it get away just a hair and lost the lift.  I felt like getting right back on that bar and just hitting the lift, I wonder if anyone would have cared? On my third Clean and Jerk, I smoked the clean, but somehow lost consciousness when setting up for the Jerk and blacked out.  Damn YOU BLACKOUTS!!! It's all a part of the game, you only get three attempts and I used them all at that point.  No big deal because I had a great time lifting next to some great lifters and warming up with the coolest guy I know, Wilfredo de Jesus! It's not everyday you get to work next to a descendant of a prophet! He actually kept me calm and it was just a lot more fun when you have someone to lift with who you trust, so thanks Fredo, hopefully we will work together soon.  

Marc Chasnov was watching a bunch of people that day, there from 7AM til 9PM and I happened to be one of the lifters he helped out! Marc I know you don't read this but thank you so much for helping me out, I'm going make it to some practices with you in the near future! 

Team Celeritas was there in the Morning shift, the Man Dan Casey and Mike Gui Basciano lifted next to some tough competition.  They rocked it out in the early session and continued through the rest of the day.  Beth and Sam Perez hit some monster lifts in their session and the team as a whole looked very solid.  It was awesome watching them on the platform and seeing them do well!

I'm all over the place with this post, but I'm almost done wrapping it up.  The long day came to an end with two bad ass lifters, Frankie Murray and Donny Shankle.  Honestly when I heard Shankle's name called for the weigh in I was standing right next to him and as he walked by me I didn't think it was him.  I thought it was some guy that kind of looked like him and as he paced around the room just watching the competition it was surreal to see him live because we only know him through internet videos.  He lifted like a beast this comp, and closed out the show hitting 140/180.  It was a lot of fun to see him lift.  If you haven't checked out my videos of him and Frankie lifting, check them out but it doesn't compare to seeing him do it in person. Shankle is probably one of the most intense people I have ever been around.  It was kind of amazing to be next to him in the warm up area.  I hope it's not the last time. Maybe I'll get good one day enough to do it again.  One can only hope. Until then I'll just keep lifting as should you!


2 comments: