Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Wednesday

Woke up early yesterday to train with THE RON YELLIN! He's a strong dude. Crisp, smooth lifter so it was a good session.  It is always a lot better to train with someone if you can who.  Training alone is fine but when you have a partner you can usually feed off of their energy and learn a little bit from one another as you train.  I find that training alone is fine for now, but I would much rather have someone I went in there day after day and kicked ass with.  That is the way you are going to become a better lifter is my having someone or people to train with that have the same goals as you and you push one another to be the best you can be.  Most of the time I will train alone, but that is not my preference.  I think I travel as far as I can just to train with people.  Crossfit Greenpoint is a minimum hour away from me.  When I was training at South Brooklyn Weightlifting Club (Not Working there just training) It would take 30-45 minutes to get there for me.  When I trained up in Westchester.... 60-90 minutes.  I drive all over the place looking for places to train and people to train with.  The drive out to these places everyday is mentally taxing also.  It's usually in the middle of the day and I am already tired, driving an hour to train can be exhausting, but to train with good people sometimes you have to sacrifice and find a way to make it work.

It's been tough finding training partners over the last few years.  5 years ago we would train 4 blocks away from my house.  I could have walked there it was easy.  Now I am traveling a minimum of 15 miles just to train with someone, unless someone comes to the garage which is super rare. haha Either way these are the tough times and if you have a place to go you can call home and a small family you can train with, that's what its all about.  You need that.  If you don't however, keep training and working and the partners will come.  Stay strong.

Today I will be training a light day, I may practice some Grip stuff on my front squat.  I will keep it light just to practice it.  and maybe some light power stuff.

I will be back at Greenpoint tonight to coach some cats.

Bruce Lee is pretty awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment