Monday, September 22, 2014

Monday

Got up early this morning, couldn't sleep.  Was super pumped from yesterday's meet, was a long day and a lot of lifting.  Dan Casey and Mike Basciano put up good efforts, both taking second place in the 77kg and 85kg classes.  Good guys to train with I hope I can make it out by them to get some good lifts in soon.  I also got to hang with the great Marc Chasnov, one of the Best coaches in the country.  Solid day all around saw a lot of people I hadn't seen in a while so I'm glad I made it out there yesterday.

TODAY, got some work to do.  I have to finish up some video work, the Beth and Fredo video should be finished later today.  I also have some lifting to do! Going to hit some Snatch and Cleans off the blocks again work up doubles to 80% roughly. Some Pulls and Squat in the late session.

Got a big week ahead this week.  A full week of lifting, coaching and awesomeness.  Let's hit it hard this week and focus on form and precision.

For all the Power Lifters Out there:

If you want to check out a cool Power Lifting meet, South Brooklyn Weightlifting Club is Hosting a USAPL sanctioned meet on October 18 and 19.  I'm going to be there to watch on the Sunday for Thomas Maresca.  It should be a good time, come check it out.

Power Lifter Program for the day:

Squat- work up in triples to a heavy triple 2 drop sets.
Competition Bench- Work up in doubles to a heavy double 2 drop sets
Deadlift- work up in triples to a heavy triple and 2 drop sets

accessory work-  Super Set
Lunges- 4 x 6 (each leg)
Dumbbell Thrusters 6 fast reps

Do it Right, Do it Light!

No comments:

Post a Comment