Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Tuesday

Block Building Exercise '99! Going to use the morning to build some Pull Blocks.  Wish me luck because I am very bad with power tools.  I get to use a big Saw though so that could be potentially very dangerous.  If tomorrow I do not post it's because I accidentally cut the wood the wrong way and I am super pissed and hiding in my room hoping the world goes away!

I am going to take the day to do some Snatch Pulls (From the Blocks) and some Push Presses/Jerks.
Doing a light day today. Hit it hard again tomorrow.

I noticed that if it is very difficult to keep from jumping up in weight when you are by yourself.  Yesterday I worked off the blocks in my PM workout and I feel like I went just a little too heavy with the weight.  I was missing a little away from me on my extension and it was a got a little sloppy.  Being a novice with block work I tend to want to push and push myself even though I should make sure I am hitting the weights properly.  I should have stopped at 115/120 but instead went to 125.  I hit it for 4 doubles but they weren't ideal reps.  Ego gets in the way sometimes and you need to curb that and make sure you hit perfect reps, perfect practice make perfect performance.  If you are sloppy and undisciplined it will effect your performance at heavier weights.  Stay in control and work the execution over and over again at manageable weights and increase as you can as long as the it remains tight.  Sloppy simply will not do.  Be Disciplined.

  "Discipline, the difference between good and great!"


No comments:

Post a Comment