Friday, September 5, 2014

Oh Friday Where have you been?

Had a weird day yesterday, my morning session went interestingly. I squatted the weight I was supposed to but looking at the video I don't think im ever going to post it because of how hideous it looked.  I think im going to take a good look at my squat and rework them from a lower weight in order to build it to a consistent strength. 

I doubt I am the only one with this issue so let me get into it.  My squat form has always been suspect.  I have had Football Squat form for most of my lifting career and needless to say it isn't the best way to go especially with the Olympic Lifts.  My quads don't work as well as my Hamstrings do.  So when the weight gets to a certain point, I revert to using my Posterior chain to finish the lift.  This needs to be addressed now.  The only way to work my squats back is to work my technique as strict as possible.  If I can't keep the tension in my posture then I need to work weights that allow me to practice as heavy as possible while maintaining proper form.  SO this means when I squat I am going to go to max effort technical failure.  If something breaks down, I need to fix it. That's the only way to get better.  Build Strength through weakness. 

I will keep my status updated from time to time. See what happens at this end of this month.  

My numbers at this point:

Snatch: 121kg
Clean and Jerk: 142kg
Front Squat: 160kg
Back Squat: 184kg
Clean Deadlift: 240kg

I have a lot of work to do if I am going to get better, but Today is a Rest day so I will actually just kick back, relax and probably clean up the garage a bit.  Enjoy the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment